NOVI-CLEANSE is a 23-day program consisting of 3 different products designed to help the liver, the kidneys and the colon to eliminate accumulated toxins in the body. This program enhances the Ideal Protein Protocol because, as we deplete our fat stores, toxins stored in the adipocytes are released. Occasionally the release of these substances may make us feel tired, ‘headachy’ or even produce rashes. Quite possibly the liver may be stressed because in addition to burning fat and producing ketone bodies, it now has to handle these toxic substances. In blood work, some people will see certain liver enzymes slightly elevated, again this shows the liver maybe under a mild stress. This is where NOVI-CLEANSE can help!
The purpose of the Novi-Lax is to normalize elimination via the bowel. The goal is to have a ‘soft bowel movement daily’. Some people will only need one capsule per night to achieve this, others may require up to 3 or 4 capsules. Never exceed 4 capsules per night. This product will not cause dependency on laxatives, but those who have ‘sluggish bowels’ may want to use this as an ongoing maintenance product once the initial cleanse is completed. Again, always make certain the client is getting enough water throughout the day, 2 liters is the strict minimum, 3 liters may be more appropriate. Clients should be encouraged to do a yearly or even a bi-yearly cleanse as part of a comprehensive plan of preventative health maintenance. This product should not be used by women who are pregnant. Women who are breast-feeding should not use Novi-Cleanse unless their pediatrician recommends it however Novi-Lax by itself is fine. As with any medication, if an unusual symptom appears, they client should stop the Cleanse and consult the clinic where it they will be evaluated.
Novi-Cleanse Gentle Detox Program
Our Natura Natural Body Cleansing Kit contains 3 powerful products that work in synergy to aid in elimination of toxins.
Novi-Renal – Helps Support normal renal function
Ingredients include: Ash-Tree, Bearberry, Birch-tree
Novi-Lax – Used traditionally as a laxative for relief of occasional constipation
Ingredients include: Psyllium, Aloe Vera, Prune (powder)
Novi-Pur – Supports natural toxin elimination
Ingredients include: Barberry, Dandelion, Sarsaparilla, Burdock, Chamomile, Cascara Sagrada, Sage, Yellow Dock Ash
As we live our everyday lives we accumulate various toxins from a myriad of chemical substances which if not promptly eliminated can over time accumulate in our body. Environmental threats that historically we never had to deal with.
It is thought that this can contribute to many diseases, which we have only seen in recent years (ie: fibromyalgia, various immune disorder diseases, ADD/ADHD, etc)
There fore it is a prudent idea to proactively, periodically assist the body in eliminating this accumulated “toxic load”.
Cleanses have been part of natural medecine for centuries. Although new to modern medicines, many contemporary Practitioners see the value in an annual or bi-annual detoxification program. Novi-Cleanse aids the body’s’ major organs of elimination (liver, kidney, digestive tract) in ridding these toxic substances.
The Ideal Protein Cellulite Protocol
Michael P. Ciell, RPh., Chief Science Officer
“Cellulite” is the general term given to trapped pockets of fat, usually in the area from the knee to the buttocks. This term is not to be confused with cellulitis which is an infection (usually caused by a Staph or Strep bacteria) of the skin. The condition mainly affects women and it is thought to be influenced by genetics and hormones…primarily estrogens and insulin. The hallmark characteristic of cellulite is a ‘lumpy’ or ‘orange peel like’ appearance of the skin and, while non-pathological, it is, to say the least, very unaesthetic. Numerous technologies have been developed to reduce or remove cellulite: laser treatment, wrapping, heating (with or without suction), massage techniques, saline injections, and a wide variety of topicals (creams, lotions). These technologies tend to be rather expensive and the results (for the most part) seem to be marginally effective and long term results are usually disappointing.
Ideal Protein’s Approach
Fats (triglycerides) are sequestered or ‘locked’ into the fat cells by the action of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase. The hormone insulin greatly increases the activity of this enzyme. Therefore if we apply a certain technology to ‘get the fat out of the cell’ without taking this fact into consideration….we are basically fighting a hormone and the hormone will always win!. Ideal Protein views this problem from a nutritional standpoint. By severely restricting all carbohydrates (‘good ones, bad ones, fast ones and slow ones’) we are: 1) able to deplete the body’s primary source of energy (glycogen), 2) force the body to burn its fat as the primary source of energy, and 3) greatly decrease the amount of insulin secreted thus allowing these cells to release their fat stores. Should the client employ any of the above mentioned technologies (along with this protocol) the results will be very impressive indeed. However most clients find this “nutritional approach” alone is sufficient to achieve very satisfactory results!
- This protocol is not to be considered a weight loss program! The client will only begin this program if they are at their ‘ideal weight’ (to be determined by the client and coach). If they have a few extra pounds to lose, they will start (or remain on) Phase 1 of the Regular Protocol until their ideal weight is achieved.
- Because we are NOT concerned with weight here, a scale is NOT to be used to monitor the client’s progress. Progress will be monitored by: a) The LIVE IDEAL B.C.A. b) a measuring tape…measure the ‘targeted area’ and c) weekly photos of the targeted area.
- After the first 5 to 7 days on the Protocol, the client may notice the cellulite might appear worse (i.e. “more dimply”). Do not be alarmed, this reflects the loss of some extracellular water in that area and the skin will ‘tighten-up’….temporarily exaggerating the ‘orange peel’ appearance.
- The client will notice the cellulite is usually removed in a very specific manner: from “bottom upward”. That is, if the thigh is the affected area, the cellulite loss will begin near the knee and will move upward towards the buttock region every week.
- Use the Phase 1 (Regular) Protocol Sheet as a general guideline with these changes:
- 3 Packets of non-restricted IP foods per day (i.e. the omelet, shakes, puddings, soups).
- One of those packets must be a soup (to keep sodium levels normal).
- One packet of a hydrolyzed collagen food per day in addition to the above 3 packets.
- No whole protein (i.e. meat, fish, poultry) with the dinner meal (have an omelet w/veggies).
- 4 cups of non-restricted veggies per day (i.e. just the “lean and green” ones).
- Unlimited lettuce salad but no more than 2 tsps. olive oil (or other oil) per day…this daily oil is mandatory to maintain proper gallbladder function.
- Coffee or tea as desired BUT NO MILK, Half & Half, or non-dairy creamer…..use a Vanilla pre-made, Vanilla pudding, mixed as a drink (add more water) or the Cappuccino drink.
- In most cases ‘The Cellulite Program’ should take no longer than 2 to 3 weeks to achieve the desired results.
- Follow-up with 2 days of Phase 2 and 5 days or Phase 3.
Breakfast: Peach / Mango Drink, coffee with Vanilla Pre-Made as creamer
Lunch: Salad (1 tsp olive oil and 2 tsp lemon juice), soup w/ 2 cups steamed veggies
Dinner: Salad (optional), Omelet w/ 2 cups sautéed veggies, appropriate beverage
Snack: Raspberry Gelatin NOTE: Supplements as per Phase 1.